Sunday, April 1, 2012

April 1st 2012

     Finally, a moment of rest. Yes, we all say it when we  FINALLY get to sit down after a busy day. Let me take a moment to acquaint you to my wonderful first day of April 2012.
     Since the weather is finally breaking, I can wear shorts and short sleeves and it has made me exceptionally happy. I started with some cardio this morning, my wonderful boyfriend, Jeremy, decided that he'd like to join me and we walked around  the neighborhood and up to our local flower nursery. We had picked up a load of landscaping rock the day before and some beautiful Japanese Maples caught my eye while we were there. After looking at them close up this morning I had decided that they were even more beautiful than the first time I saw them from the truck window; then I flipped the price tag around.  Only $160 for a 3' baby Japanese Maple tree! Okay, If you know me, or if you live in the area, it's a fairly reasonable price, keyword- fairly. Since I had seen a different Japanese Maple a few days before, about 9' tall for $85, I was shocked at the price.
     So, my morning continued, off to church we went. I greeted today, got to shake hands and chat with all the wonderful people that walked through the church doors. The message was about who we are underneath the mask we wear and how married people sometimes hide who they are until after they get married. After church, I had a quick bite to eat and stained my raised garden (bare so far) and mowed the lawn. By this point I was getting tired because at 85 degrees with no shade, ya start to feel its warmth a bit. My mind drifted while working in the yard, because one day I want to own much more land with room for many gardens and fruit trees. Right now, prepping the yard is something for the future; curb appear for when it sells.
    After cleaning up I took my son to get some summer clothes and sandals. He's turning nine soon and let me tell ya, it was like taking a teenager shopping. Talk about picky, from the shoes to the sandals to the shorts and shirts. After that incredibly dramatic task (he's a great kid by the way) we couldn't find sandals and went to the mall for a second time to finally find the pair that fit him best. When the clothes shopping was done I decided that a trip to Lowe's wasn't going to work, I wasn't going to have time or energy to plant the flowers etc. that I was going to buy. Instead, we skipped to the next stop at the local grocer to buy lunch stuff for a field trip to the zoo, which is tomorrow. I'm just about excited as he is and I get to bring my second baby (Nikon D90) with me to take killer pics. You know, those pictures of the animals that look the same every time you go to the zoo and then take more pictures. Except this time the clarity will be out of this world, I'm thinking National Geographic. I'm mostly happy that I'll be spending time with my kiddo,  he's the world to me.
     So after we got back home I took on the task of cleaning the kitchen from top to bottom, yes I even cleaned out the fridge and freezer. Wow, the things you find in the fridge are pretty scary if left unnoticed for too long. I found Mascarpone Cheese from the last time I made Chocolate Chip and Mascarpone Cheese Danishes, which was in October 2011 (about 6 months ago). While Connor was playing outside with the neighbor kids, I had this task done by the time the sun set. Now that I have resting out of my system I get to do some research for an essay that is due in two days.


Until I can catch my breath again,
Jenn

Mom, brother Nate, myself. Who's in your kitchen?


     Join me in my first fondant cake journey this week and have a glimpse into my life. Stories will be told and wine will be gulped in pulling off this project for my soon to be 9 yr. old son. Success or disaster (as embarrassed as I would be with disaster) is what you get to see. This is not just about me, it's about you too! Tell me your tips as a "professional amateur" baker or cook in the comments section. I'd love to listen and make new friends with the same passions.

No comments:

Post a Comment